Wall-mount Solar Shield protects outdoor enclosures from overheating and provides weather protection from sun, rain and snow. Enclosures are shielded from the top, sides and rear; white powder paint finish maximizes solar heat reduction. Two sets of fully-adjustable mounting channels are provided to mount any type of wall-mount enclosure that fits inside the solar shield. Mounting hardware and step-by-step instructions are included.
Hoffman’s research of the effects of solar radiation on enclosures has shown the positive benefits of utilizing shielding to decrease temperature rise. Shielding has been found to be an effective, lowcost method of reducing solar heat gain in outdoor electrical and electronic applications. Recent test results indicate that a wall-mount solar shield provides an approximately 56% reduction in temperature rise due to solar head load.
- 14 gauge galvanized steel
- Adjustable mounting allows various wall-mount enclosures to fit inside the solar shield. Refer to the table below to determine which solar shield fits your enclosure size.\
- Fits most CONCEPT, INLINE and NEMA Type 4 wall-mount enclosures and junction boxes (i.e. Bulletins A51NF and A51FL)
- Hardware is included for mounting an enclosure to the solar shield
- Hoffman #60 White powder paint finish inside and out
- Solar Shield Replacement Hardware Kit, Type 4
- Pole-Mount Kit
- Touch-Up Paint (Hoffman #60 White